Since there were no owls nor an invitation to Hogwarts, my dream of casting Lumos, a wand-lighting charm, has now been replaced by a different wand – LED torchlights.
They do come in all shape and sizes, but best of all they are manufactured in China and the real magic is that they cost under USD 10. Check out our full review in the video below:
Mini Penlight – Ultrafire
- 2000 lumen*, 3 Modes, Zoomable, 1 x AA Battery
- + Bright, Compact & Battery type readily available
- – Dimmest among the 3
XML T6 – AloneFire
- 3800 lumen*, 5 modes, Zoomable, 1 x 18650 Battery or 3 x AAA Batteries (adaptor)
- + Brightest among the 3, Battery type readily available
- – Not as durable as XML T6 by TopCom
XML T6 – TopCom
- 5000 lumen*, 5 modes, Zoomable, 2 x 18650 Battery
- + Most durable of all torchlights, Big & sturdy
- – Battery Type not readily available
Cost / Delivery / Store Review
- Mini Penlight (Ultrafire): $2.14 / 3 weeks / 4.8 out of 5 (17,970 reviews)
- XML T6 (AloneFire): $5.58 / 3 weeks / 4.9 out of 5 (21,220 reviews)
- XML T6 (TopCom): $3.80 + $3.80 shipping / 3 weeks / 4.6 out of 5 (161 reviews)
*Note: The brightness of the LED torchlight, measured in lumen, are as marketed / provided by the sellers on AliExpress.
Unlike sponsored reviews, we actually bought these products and give you honest reviews – highlighting both the positive and negative, in order for our readers to make informed decisions. So if you like our reviews, please follow us on our Facebook Page and subscribe to our YouTube Channel for the latest updates.